Thursday, August 6, 2009

More teeth are coming

Oh my, it's been a rough week. My little eg has been extra clingy and a little hellion at night. Getting her to sleep has been easy as always - then about an hour into her slumber she wakes up screaming and it takes me a LONG time to get her back down. Everyone has told me about these hylander teething tablets so I'm going to try those out.

She's been getting to the point it seems like she's about to start crawling. She can get up on her knees, but then she falls over. How babies don't have constant concussions, I don't understand. I'm pretty sure my heart has stopped several times. She can pull herself up just about by herself. I think she's going to be a late crawler and an early walker. She loves to stand and she loves chasing Stewart around. When she's crying, he is the only thing guaranteed to calm her down.

I have to say that for the first time since becoming a mom, I'm really having fun. I was so afraid the first few months about EVERYTHING it was hard for me to enjoy her. Now, Brandon and I are just in heaven. Every night seems to bring something new. She is such and amazing gift. I have a lot of friends that have dealt with infertility and miscarriages and I have to say from personal experience that when you finally get your baby - he or she is well worth the wait. I cannot imagine my life without my little eg.

I've fully launched my in home daycare. I am SO excited! So far my kids are part time and we have a baby starting in October. The days the kids are here are always my favorite days. Emma-Grace loves being around other kids and I have so much fun. I feel like I'm a kid again and I forgot how much fun it is to play!

Aside from the teeth, things are going really well. Life is as good as it can get. I'll post some new pics soon. Oh, last thing - we're now in the big girl car seat. She officially grew out of the baby one. We went with the Graco convertible 65 I think it's called. It's rear facing up to 40lbs. We went to the fire department to have them make sure I installed it properly. I seriously want a minivan, but Brandon said no way. The firemen said the Honda Odyssey is the safest vehicle on the road. And it has SO many cup holders! I'm going to get one one day....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Church on Mother's Day

Church on Mother's Day

Grammy making EG laugh